Handheld Non Linear Junction Detector | Handheld NLJD
ComSec LLC is the North American Distributor of the EDD-24T handheld Non Linear Junction Detector.
The EDD-24T handheld Non Linear Junction Detector (NLJD) detects the presence of semiconductor circuits that are used in all modern electronic devices such as mobile phones, tracking devices, listening devices, covert cameras, digital voice recorders, SIM cards etc. And, the EDD-24T will detect such devices whether they are switched on and in use, powered on but in standby mode, or even switched off without any power.
View the Handheld Non Linear Junction Detector EDD-24T brochure. * CE Marked & FCC Compliant.REQUEST QUOTE
Principle of Operation
Semiconductor Electronics are used in all modern electronics and are made using Silicon substrates. When high frequency radio signals are transmitted directly over silicon, it produces a strong second harmonic frequency of that radio signal. Other materials such as some bi-metals or oxidized metals can respond with a third harmonic signal.
The EDD-24T handheld NLJD transmits a focused directional signal on 2.4 GHz (ISM Band Type B). It receives on 4.8 GHz (Second Harmonic) and 7.2 GHz (Third Harmonic).
The highly sensitive receiver will respond to any signals produced on the 2nd Harmonic by even the smallest piece of Silicon, such as that used in SIM Cards, Mobile Phones, Bugging Devices, Voice Recorders, Covert Video cameras etc. Very importantly, those devices do not have to be in use, in standby or even have any power connected to them to be detected.
The 3rd Harmonic receiver acts as a valuable confirmation for signals that may be ambiguous or are not a threat such as those in oxidized metals, bi-metals etc.REQUEST QUOTE
- EDD-24T Product Features
- EDD-24T Product Specifications
- Probability Indicator
- Audio Confirmation
- Setting Screen
- Detects all types of electronics – whether active, passive or even switched off
- Easy to operate with an intuitive user friendly interface
- 2.4 GHz Transmit – up to 4 Watts
- 2nd Harmonic (4.8 GHz) and 3rd Harmonic (7.2 GHz) Receivers
- As powerful and sensitive as much larger so called ‘portable’ units
- Detected material Indicator ‘Silicon’ or ‘Metal’
- Will even detect the latest NANO SIM cards from up to 7.87 In.
- Audible Tone and Demodulation Function through speaker or earphones
- Battery life up to 4.5 hours
- Weight just 1.54 Lbs.
- Machined Aluminum Enclosure with Molded Plastic Antenna Cover
- Supplied in a compact case.
- Transmit Frequency: 2.400 GHZ to 2.425 GHz (ISM Band Type B)
- Transmit Power Level: up to +30dBm (1 Watt)
- Radiated Power Antenna: up to +36dBm (4 Watts) within allowable limits of ISM band (Type B)
- Display: 3.5 In. Color TFT Daylight Readable
- Receiver Sensitivity: better than -120dBm on 2nd and 3rd harmonics
- Receiver Bandwidth: Approximately 10KHz
- Battery: 3.7 Volt Lithium Polymer Internal rechargeable
- Battery Life: 4.5 Hours (Minimum TX Power), 2.0 Hours (Maximum TX Power)
- DC Charge: Micro USB Socket 5V 1A, Input 110/220V Auto-switching – International Adaptors
- Charger: Output 5V DC 2A
- Audio: Internal Loudspeaker or via 3.5mm Earphone Socket
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 104 Degrees F
- Enclosure: Machined Aluminum Enclosure with Plastic Antenna Cover
- Dimensions Main Unit: Height 8.86 In. x Width 4.65 In. x Depth 2.01 In.
- Carry Case: 12.64 In. x 9.02 In. x 4.37 In.
To allow an inexperienced user to make a quick assessment of a detected signal, the EDD-24T handheld non linear junction detector uses an intelligent algorithm to analyze the detected signals from both the 2nd and 3rd Harmonic Receivers and evaluate the probability of material being detected as ‘Silicon’ or ‘Metal’.
The EDD-24T handheld NLJD can provide audio confirmation of detected signals in two ways:
- Through the internal loudspeaker; or
- Through earphones.
TONE Mode can be used to provide an audible tone of a detected signal on the 2nd Harmonic only. This enables the user to search without looking at the display screen. The TONE changes in pitch according to the strength of the detected signal.
DEMOD Mode can be used to listen to an actual demodulated signal of the 2nd Harmonic Receiver. When no signals are detected a random audible ‘Click’ sound will be heard. In some cases when Silicon is detected, the click level will reduce or become completely silent.
Your purchase of the EDD-24T Handheld Non Linear Junction Detector (NLJD) includes:
- EDD 24T Handheld Electronic Device Detector (Weighs 1.54 lbs.)
- Charger – 110V to 240V AC input (Auto Switching) with International Adaptors Output 5V DC
- High Protection Carry Case (Fully loaded weighs 4.4 lbs.)
JJN Digital products are manufactured in the UK using the highest quality, professional grade components and processes.
All assembled circuits are fully tested and calibrated before final assembly.
All units are then tested on completion and every product undergoes a final test before shipping to the USA.
The EDD-24T handheld non-linear junction detector carriers the CE mark indicating conformity with health, safety, and environmental protection standards for products sold within the European Economic Area (EEA).
The EDD-24T complies with Part 18 of the FCC Rules.
The JJN Digital EDD-24T handheld non linear junction detector is warrantied to be free of manufacturing defects for twelve (12) months.